On Friday my Popsugar Must Have Box for August came in the mail. Woohoo. I’m still a satisfied customer at this point. It’s exciting getting things in the mail even if you have to pay for them yourself. Oh the exciting times of a SAHM. Too bad every time this box comes in Sophie ask two things. 1) “Where’s my box? Is that for me?” No kid. Not everything is for you. 2) “Where’s the cookies? We can share them.” -_- This is why parents have secret stashes of things. I love that she wants to share, too bad she only wants to share when other people have things. If she has something, no way is she going to share with you. This box was the Must Have Anniversary box so there was a special gift in there for all subscribers. The Gorjana Open Circle Necklace. It’s cute and simple and something I’d wear. I’m all about the dainty necklaces. It’s listed on the Gorjana & Griffin site for $65. Would I pay $65 for it? Highly unlikely. It’s nice and all but one swift tug from Joel or Sophie will break it in a second. It’s just not the highest quality. It was an extra though and since I’ll wear it, I can’t complain. And now for the rest of the items.
- Bento box from Bentgo. Retail value $19.99 though now on sale at Bentgo for $14.99. I can get behind this and I can see it being used for picnics and such.
- Lulah Body Wash in Peony & Pivoine. Retail value $11.25. The scent is a little strong for me personally. I’m not much of a perfume person. That being said, I’m out of body wash anyway so why not.
- May Designs Weekly Agenda Notebook. Retail value $14. The retail value could be a few dollars here or there because different customizations add different things but I’m going with $14. It’s a nice notebook and I’ve started using it already. Love the colors.
- Lunares Apple Bowl. Retail value $20? This is included in a set for appetizers with 6 other items so I just did some math and took a wild guess.
- Dermalogica Precleanse and Special Cleansing Gel. Okay so these are deluxe samples and seeing as you get a free deluxe sample with every order it seems like cheating to give these a retail value. I guess if you calculate based on ounces these are technically $11 worth of product.
- Naturebox Granny Smith Apples. I enjoyed the naturebox that I had previously reviewed and these stand up to the same standard. Technically these are listed as a “special extra” so I’m not sure counting the $4 they are worth counts or not. I liked them but they were too sour for Sophie.
If you include the Naturebox apples the total comes out to about $75 for the entire value of the box [not including the necklace]. Not bad for a $35 box. Was I completely blown away excited by this box? No, not really. But I will use everything in the box. There just wasn’t necessarily a wow factor for me. I guess if I had to categorize it I’d put this box in the neutral column. It’s neither a winner or a loser.
Did you get this months box? What did you think?
If you don’t subscribe to Popsugar Must Have Box you can use my refer linkand the code REFER5 for $5 off your first box. Or if you prefer you can go straight to the Popsugar Must Have Box site here.